Oh, Valentine’s Day! Love it or hate it, it’s next week. I’m a big fan of being pampered daily so I don’t get the point of Valentine’s. But I admit that I’m OK with any holiday that involves chocolate.
Here’s my 2013 Valentine’s Gift Guide of pampering, smell-good items:
For Irresistable Lips
1.Sara Happ Lip Scrub in Cocoa – I love this stuff and it’s a must have during winter months when lips get chapped. Chapped lips aren’t sexy. The cocoa scent/flavor is delicious.The tub retails for $24 at Beauty.com
2. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet – I realize that this ins’t a “glamorous” item on the list; however, it’s my favorite lip product regardless of price. This Revlon formula is soft, smooth and moisturizes without feeling sticky. It will leave lips feeling soft and luscoius. I also love that it has more coverage than a tinted lip balm. Red Velvet is a deeper red. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the shades. I’m slightly ashamed to admit that I own most of them. These retail for under $8 at drugstore.com.
3. Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Raven – This stuff is make out proof. It really lasts and the best thing is that it doesn’t dry out the lips Plus, it comes in a variety of shades. I love Raven, a 1950′s red. The finishes are matte which are on trend right now. Retails for $28 at Sephora.
For Smooth Skin
4.Aftelier Chocolate & Saffron Body Oil & Hair Elixir – Chocolate lovers if you haven’t already tried this, you’re missing out. Chocolate & Saffron Smells good enough to eat. And yeah, you can use it as a massage oil if that is apart of your Valentine’s plans…It retails for $50 at Aftelier.
5.LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel – Jasmine fiends need this in their life. LUSH markets this as a “mood-altering aphrodisiac” which is quite the claim but I have to agree to some extent. This is jasmine and honey making whoopie. The result is an animalic jasmine that I can’t get enough of. Sizes vary with prices ranging from $10-$29 at LUSH.
6. Anu Essentials Sultry Body Butter – I can not live without this body butter. It’s shea based and literally “feeds” dry skin. Plus, it is a beautiful rose fragrance that smells so romantic. It’s divine. The 4 oz tub retails for $14 at Anu Essentials.
7. 10 Corso Como Bubble Bath – Woodsy and rosy and in the coolest deco packaging, do you need to know anything else? It retails for $42 at Beautyhabit.
8. Rebel + Mercury Cerise en Cocoa parfum – This is a juicy cherry osmanthus with the earthiness and richness of cocoa. It’s naturally delicious and constructed with natural botanicals and organic oils. It’s better than a box of chocolates. It retails for $70 at Rebel + Mercury.
9. April Aromatics Nectar of Love Natural EDP – This is a heady, romantic floral with white florals like tuberose and jasmine paired with a classic rose. It’s so pretty. It’s a nectar of love. The 1 oz bottle retails for €189 at April Aromatics.
10. Majda Bekkali Mon Nom est Rouge EDP – This is a sultry metallic rose with smoky incense, tobacco and resins. It’s unisex and smells sexy on a man or a woman. The 1.7 oz bottle retails for $125 at Luckyscent.
11. CdG Series 2: Rose EDT – I don’t mind being a stereotype sometimes. A classic rose is something I crave, even on Valentine’s. Predictable, I know but I don’t care. CdG Rose retails for $98 at Beautyhabit.
12. Ryan Korban by By Kilian Candle – This candle is multi-wick luxury in collabartion with interior designer Ryan Korban and the By Kilian line. It has a shagreen lid and a lambskin pouch. Plus, it smells really amazing like roses, patchouli and oud (think By Kilian Rose Oud). It retails for $165 at Aedes. Yes, it’s expensive but it really is one of the most luxurious candles you can buy.
13. House of Matriarch Room Perfume Trio – Candles aren’t your thing? You must own a dimmer With this set you get to choose 3 fragrances of this ultra-natural houses’s incense cones. For Valentine’s I recommend Red (vanilla, chocolate, cognac), Yellow (honey, jasmine, vanilla) and Violet (iris, oakmoss, tuberose). Each contain a va-va-voom note known to be an aphrodisiac. Retails for $69 at House of Matriarch.
14. NEST Peony Blanche Candle – This is one of the most romantic home fragrances that I’ve ever owned. It’s a watery “pink” floral that is seductive and reminds me of lace. Plus, it’s pink. Here’s my review. Retails for $34 at Candles Off Main.
Need more ideas? Check out my 2012 Gift Guide. And for my anti-Valentine readers…