EauMG’s Spring 2012 Perfume Picks
A popular theme in fashion and beauty magazines is to list perfumes that either A. everyone wears or was launched when the publication was printed or B. list perfumes that they *think* nobody wears. They usually end up choosing something with a weird name or unusual concept in print. I applaud them for trying. I even applaud the listing of popular fragrances since any fragrance news is good news to some extent. This is my eau de evangelical side of me talking.
I’ve decided to put together my list of “lesser” known perfumes that I think are great for spring…and are easy to wear…and in a variety of price points. These perfumes may be cliché to some extent with notes of spring flowers but it’s spring. Be cliché. Enjoy sunshine and new blossoms.
1. Bourbon French Parfums Perfume of Paradise EDT – This is a “vintage” feeling green floral. The lily of the valley adds a needed innocence to the humid jasmine. This scent goes from spring days to summer nights. It retails for $36 and is available at Bourbon French Parfums. Here’s my review.
2. TokyoMilk Perfume Waltz EDP – I know I’m being predictable with this suggestion, but it’s spring. It’s the time to go floral. This is a big, fresh linden with floral waters. Go big or go home. Here’s my review.
3. Tommi Sooni Tarantella EDP – Tarantella is a sweeter, green floral. Elegant, beautiful, feminine. It’s fresh but the base has some salty, animalic notes that I love. It retails for $185 at Luckyscent.
4. Opus Oils Dapper EDP – This is a violet raspberry muffin. If you want a richer violet, try this. It’s a little bready but that’s why I like it. Here’s my review.
5. Histoires de Parfums 1826 Eugénie de Montijo EDP – Now this is a floral that I love to wear. It’s peach blossoms and pretty, sheer florals over this spicy amber and patchouli. It is both light and heavy. It’s a patch-head’s spring floral. The 2 oz bottle retails for $125 at Histoires de Parfums.
6. Serge Lutens Bas de Soie EDP – This one keeps growing on me. It’s a damp iris and hyacinth. It’s springy. It’s like a rainy spring day. Here’s my review.
7. Smell Bent Vocabulary Collection in Floral EDT – This perfume smells like the top of vintage Guerlain Chamade. Seriously, I was surprised by this. It’s a damp green floral with this powdered almond base. So, so, so good on me. I get so many compliments. This stuff loves my skin. The 1.7 EDT retails for $49 at Smell Bent.
8. Sonoma Scent Studio To Dream EDP – This is a soft heliotrope floral with almond nuances over this soft woodsy base. It really is a dreamy fragrance. It mixes nicely with fresh lilacs in bloom and that’s why it’s one of my spring perfume picks. The 34 ml EDP retails for $80 at Sonoma Scent Studio.
9. 1000 Flowers Reglisse Noire EDT – I have this one on here for those that dislike flowers. Reglisse Noire is a spicy licorice with a zesty opening. The base is warm, comforting but sheer making it nice for warmer weather. The 1.7 oz bottle retails for $110 at Indie Scents.
10. i Profumi di Firenze Ambra de Nepal EDT – Here’s another for those that dislike flowers. Ambra de Nepal is a sweeter amber but this is how it’s different – It’s sheer. It’s everything you love about amber but sheer enough for warmer weather. It’s also great for cooler springs. It retails for $99 at Luscious Cargo.
11. Pacifica French Lilac EDT – Lilac is the scent of spring to most people. If for some reason you are no longer around lilacs in bloom, I highly recommend this cheap-o fragrance. French Lilac is a simple, heady honeyed floral. The 1 oz retails for $22 at Sephora.
12. Huitieme Art Naïviris EDP – Naiviris smells like a cold tube of lipstick to me. It’s a damp iris with a cosmetic powderiness. It’s simple but it works well with the natural smells of spring. The 1.7 oz retails for $125 at The Perfume Shoppe.
This isn’t my list of most worn perfumes of spring. Expect that at a later date…when it actually starts to feel like spring here My seasonal allergies prove that spring is here…so I should shut up.
*Sephora is an affiliate link. TokyoMilk pic from TokyoMilk. HdP and Hutieme Art pic from Fragrantica. Sonoma Scent Studio pic from Sonoma Scent Studio.
- Providence Perfume Co. Amber Cream Body Oil Review (3)
- Ramon Monegal Cuirelle EDP Perfume Review (9)
- Kerosene Copper Skies EDP Perfume Review
- Penhaligon’s Malabah EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Tauer Pentachord Auburn EDP Perfume Review (10)
- By Kilian Amber Oud EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Dior La Collection Privée Mitzah EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Vince Camuto for Women EDP Perfume Review (5)
- The Scent of Departure AUH Abu Dhabi EDT Perfume Review
- Ramon Monegal Mon Patchouly EDP Perfume Video Review (13)
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)