I admit that I like to make gift guides for people that like buying perfumes and products in pretty packaging. I also like to make glamorous gift guides. This is my Mother’s Day 2012 Gift Guide for the mom’s of people that love to buy perfume.
1. Guerlain & Emilio Pucci Powder Brush – I couldn’t resist this limited edition summer collection by Guerlain and Pucci, two of my favorite brands. The brush comes in the cutest packaging. Want to make mom really happy? Get her the Meteorites that are in this collection too. Brush retails for $43 at Sephora. Meteorites sold separately 🙂
2. NEST Jason Wu Orchid Rain Candle – Hip moms will love this candle collab between NEST Fragrances and designer Jason Wu. This candle’s packaging is stunning. The scent is even better in my opinion. It’s a fresh white floral with a milky, warm coconut. The overall scent is elegant but casual. This limited edition candle retails for $48 at Candles Off Main.
3. Lipstick Queen Liptropolis Set – This Metropolis inspired lipstick trio contains 3 shades that every woman needs – red, nude, and peach. This limited edition set retails for $48 at Barneys. You can make the lipstick loving and silent film loving mom very happy with this set.
4.Aftelier Chef’s Essences Original Set – If your mother loves to cook, this is such a great gift. I bought my husband 3 of the essential oils in the winter and we’ve had so much fun with them. This comprehensive set includes 12 Chef’s Essences in a tin. The set retails for $164 at Aftelier. Here’s a recipe I did with the fir oil.
5. BijaBody Anti-Aging Bath + Body Set – BijaBody is a fairly new-to-me line and I love it. All of the products have done great things for my skin. I love the line and what this line is about. This gift set contains full-size products of the Daily Body Scrub, Daily Body Serum, Anti-Aging Body Treatment, and BedsideManner Lip + Hand Treatment…oh, and samples of the teas. This is the ultimate pampering set. It retails for $95 at BijaBody. Here’s my review.
6.NYX Dark Shadows The Crimson Amulet Collection – I don’t give a hoot about Tim Burton’s remake of one of my favorite shows ever, Dark Shadows. I’m so sick of Hollywood remakes. As a fan, I can’t resist Dark Shadows merchandise. This collection by NYX contains 24 eyeshadows, 5 blushes, a highlighter, 4 glosses, an eyeshadow base and a liquid liner all for $25. This is such a great gift for mamas that grew up watching this dark soap opera. The kit is available at Ulta.
7. Julep 3 Months of Maven – I didn’t inherit many of my mother’s obsessions, but I did inherit one later in life…her love of nail polish. Julep is a Seattle based nail polish brand that has a great subscription program. Each month you get $40 worth of nail products delivered to your door. Plus, you get a 20% off all julep.com purchases. You can give a 3 month gift for $59.97. More info at Julep.
8. L’Artisan Parfumeur Feminine Set – Buying perfume for people is not easy, but I think it’s fun. L’Artisan Parfumeur Feminine Set contains a 15ml bottle of three feminine scents – Mure et Musc (unisex IMO), La Chasse Aux Papillons, and Nuit de Tubereuse (va-va voom mama!). The set retails for $98 at Barneys.
9. Erno Laszlo The Hollywood Collection – I admit that all of the items in this gift guide are things that I want. I want this set because the packaging is gorgeous, very Garbo. This set contains Instant Eye Repair, Intensive Porcelain Veil, Morning Beauty Rescue, Refresh Moisture Infusion, and Velvet Night Cream. The story behind the set is that such stars as Marilyn Monroe, Great Garbo, Ava Gardner, Grace Kelly and Katherine Hepburn used these. The limited edition set retails for $125 and is available at beauty.com.
10. Kai Gift Set – Can’t get mom a cruise to the tropics? Get her the Kai Git Set. This set contains a travel candle and perfume oil of the new-classic gardenia, Kai. It retails for $68 at B-Glowing.
11. Not Soap Radio Lip Balm in You’re The Best Mom in the World – This lip gloss says it all! It’s a clear balm with high shine. It’s only for the best. It retails for $10 and is available at Not Soap Radio.
12. Ineke Perfumes Deluxe Sample Collection – Like I said before, it’s not easy to purchase perfume for people…even your own mother. This sample collection from Ineke is beautiful in presentation and contains boxed samples of the line’s entire range. It retails for $25 at Beautyhabit.
I think that my gift guide also applies to mothers of fur babies too.
*Here’s my 2011 Mother’s Day Gift Guide.