FINALLY! Winter is over! This winter was brutal, wasn’t it? So much snow, so many storms!
It’s starting to look and feel like spring. I’ve rotated my perfumes – bringing out the perfumes I want to wear this spring and putting away those that I wore this winter. This gave me time to access which perfumes I’ve worn the most of during this past long, dreary, miserable season.
Here they are:
12. Molinard Habanita EDT – I have started to use this one sparingly since it’s been discontinued. F’you, Molinard. Like seriously, why did they mess with one my favorite perfumes? It’s a big vetiver-vanilla-tobacco that went perfectly with my bob.
10. Ramon Monegal Impossible Iris EDP – Here’s another decant that I used up. It’s a well-balanced iris giving white floral kisses while wearing raspberry flavored lip gloss. Available at Beautyhabit for $185. My full review.
9. Smell Bent Disco Nap EDT – I used this one up too because I would spray it like an Axe spray or something. This is a sweet gourmand with an ambergris base in the Sunset People Collection. I would wear it on my nights in over Tree Hut Brazil Nut Body Butter - a delicious combo. Available at Smell Bent for $49. My full review.
7. Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route de Madagascar EDP – This limited edition is a real beauty. It’s Shalimar with even more smoky vanilla. This was my “elegant evening” scent. Full review here.
6. Prada L’Eau Ambrée EDP – Prada produces some excellent designer fragrances in my opinion. Now that I mostly work in an office setting, I’m wearing more and more of these “soft” scents. I love this salty ambergris rose. My full review.
5. Sonoma Scent Studio Velvet Rose EDP – This was a gift from a fellow rose lover to another rose lover. From January to March, I find myself wearing roses (or irises). It’s a Damask rose soliflore that is excellent. Available at Sonoma Scent Studio for $65. My full review.
4. LUSH Rose Jam EDP – This was a limited edition that I got my hands on. I’m a mega fan of the shower gel and snagged this up when it was available online. It’s a jammy, sweet rose. I think the shower gel smells better, but this will do.
1. Vero Profumo Rubj EDP – This past winter, I didn’t mess around. I worked hard and kicked ass in every area of my life. The tuberose, cumin and musk fit my mindset perfectly. And it made me smell ferociously sexy. I love this perfume so much. Available at Luckyscent for $220. My full review.
This past winter I felt like I was more diverse than usual. Usually I just wear an amber, a rose and an iris. I wore more ambergris than usual and for practical reasons, I wore more “sheer” scents. But, most of the ones that I wore were old favorites.
What did you find yourself spraying the most of this past season? Were the old or new loves? Did you spy a common “theme”?
Here’s what I wore the most of Winter 12/13.