It’s that time of the year again! EauMG Gift Guide time! Here’s my gift ideas for vintage loving gals and for those that crave a little more Old Hollywood glamour in their lives. This guide is for those that it was socially acceptable to walk around in floor length silk dressing gowns and really do use the “I’m washing my hair tonight” excuse (setting hair is serious business). If you know a lady that swoons over “authentic” reproduction nylons and crushes on Cary Grant, check out this gift guide with glamorous gifts in a variety of price points.
1. Caron Nuit de Noel Parfum – Hey, it’s not vintage but who wants to spend their holidays camping out on eBay? Nuit de Noel, even the modern parfum version, is gorgeous. And the packaging is gorgeous. It’s gorgeous. This makes a delightful gift that she’ll always remember. It goes for $230 at Nordstrom.
2. Penhaligon’s Neroli Candle – This heady candle is housed in a colorful box with a tassel. The matchbox that is included is groovy. This brand is serving up some 1970′s-art deco, The Abominable Dr. Phibes realness with this packaging. It retails for $65 at Beautyhabit.
3. Maja Dusting Powder – Let’s be real here. This gift is all about the packaging. It looks awesome on a waterfall vanity. And it is an affordable gift retailing for about $18 at drugstore.com.
4. Guerlain Liu Perfumed Shimmer for Hair & Face – Did you see this? I need not explain. The packaging is stunning. It’s a fine glitter that looks awesome in hair. But, you should know that is very lightly fragranced. I can barely smell it. But, I love how it gives me a party-ready look but I’m always party-ready It’s limited edition and retails for $88 at Nordstrom.
5. Tom Ford Exclusive Nail Set – Here’s a set that contains 16 Tom Ford Nail Lacquers presented in a Tom Ford Box. Aren’t you amazed? Well, you should be for $480. It’s available at Neiman Marcus.
6. Estee Lauder Zodiac Powder Compact – This is own my wishlist. These elegant refillable powder compacts are adorned with your Zodiac sign. The clasp contains a crystal that is meant to resemble your birthstone. And it comes in a velvet pouch. And it’s perfect and I need one. Hubs, are you reading this? These compacts retail for $70 at Neiman Marcus.
7. Lipstick Queen Liptropolis Gift Set – I’m so mad that I don’t already have this. This is a trio of full-size lipsticks that complete your “lip wardrobe”. The shades include a nude, a peach and a red – all the shades you need to create vintage inspired makeup looks! And it’s called Liptropolis. It retails for $48 at Nordstrom.
8. Dior Diorific Vernis Le Grand Bal Nail Lacquer in Marilyn – These limited edition nail polishes come in 3 shades. I recommend Marilyn, a classic red. I also recommend it because it looks like a Christmas ornament in the festive red shade. These polishes retail for $26 at Nordstrom. Be sure to check out the matching lipsticks too!
9. Vero Profumo Mito EDP – This is like a long lost vintage perfume. It’s a tart green lemon that becomes a luscious gardenia. It’s glamorous. The 1.7 oz spray retails for $200 at Luckyscent.
10. Andrea Garland Pill Box Lip Balm in Ballerina – This is an organic natural lip balm is housed in a vintage inspired “pill box” with a graceful ballerina on it. It’s a cute compact that looks cute being pulled out of vintage clutches. And lips that wear bold colors, need to be in tip-top shape. A good balm keeps lips flake-free and ready for bright colors. It retails for $22 at Beautyhabit.
Need more inspiration? Here’s my 2011 Holiday Gift Guide for Vintage Beauties. Some of these products are still available.