EauMG’s Chocolate Perfume Guide – Volume II
In 2008 I made a Chocolate Perfume Guide, 5 years have passed and I need to update it. Here’s my Chocolate Perfume Guide Volume II.
Demeter Devils Food Cologne – Demeter makes quite a few chocolate scents – Brownie, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Hershey’s…my favorite is Devils Food. It smells just like chocolate cake batter. It’s a short lived fragrance (it’s a cologne spray) but it’s fun to use as a room spray. If you want it to last longer, spray your undershirt or scarf. The 1 oz spray retails for $20 at Demeter. Here’s my review.
Sweet Anthem Anita EDP – If you want to smell like a peppermint mocha, look no further. Anita is a minty chocolate coffee perfume. The 10 ml EDP retails for $22. It’s also available as a perfume oil or solid at Sweet Anthem. FYI – This one is now a limited run that shows up on special occasions
Scent of Departure VIE Vienna EDT – This one starts out as minty and grassy. The base is a cup of creamy coffee with a side of chocolate truffles. The 1.7 oz bottle retails for $45 at Beautyhabit. Here’s my review.
Bvlgari Blv Notte EDT – This smells like chocolate flavored vodka. Flip the bottle upside down and it looks like a martini glass. The 1.7 oz EDT retails for under $50 at Fragrancenet.
Rebel & Mercury Cerise en Cocoa parfum – This one is more cherry than chocolate but the earthy chocolate is there. As is a vetiver. It’s more delicious than a cherry cordial. The 9ml parfum retails for $70 at Sweet Anthem.
Perfumes by Nature Death by Chocolate EDP (not pictured)- Chocolate. Chocolate with spice and woods. Straight forward and wearable. The 2.4 oz EDP retails for $75 at Perfume by Nature.
Montale Chocolate Greedy EDP – This a literal chocolate truffle with cream. It has the typical Montale strength and longevity that we expect. Yum. The 1.7 oz bottle retails for $110 at Luckyscent.
Providence Perfume Co. Cocoa Tuberose EDP – This is a rich chocolate and tuberose fragrance. Trust me it works. The base is a cherry pipe tobacco. It’s my favorite chocolate perfume. Here’s my review. The 1 oz. bottle retails for $110 at Providence Perfume Co.
Theirry Mugler Angel EDP – This is the classic now. It’s a gourmand with chocolate, patchouli, red berries and vanilla. The 1.7 oz retails for $115 at Sephora.
Arquiste Anima Dulcis EDP – This is a hot Mexican chocolate syrup with dark chocolate and hints of spice. It retails for $165 at Beautyhabit.
Guerlain Les Elixirs Charnels Gourmand Coquin EDP – Pink pepper and chocolate cake. The 2.5 bottle retails for $260 at Nordstrom.
Aftelier Chocolate and Saffron Body Oil & Hair Elixir (not pictured)- I am a huge fan of this nourishing oil. It works wonders on my hair and I love the spicy cocoa fragrance. It retails for $50 at Aftelier. If you use it as a hair oil, this bottle will last a very long time.
I’ve highlighted a few. This list could be longer. What are your favorite chocolate-centric perfumes?
*Beautyhabit, Fragrancenet, Sephora, Nordstrom, drugstore.com, LUSH are all affiliate links. Thanks!
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- Harvey Prince Eau de Crème EDP Perfume Review (1)
- The Scent of Departure VIE Vienna EDT Perfume Review (7)
- Jane Booke Taken EDP Perfume Review (9)
- Villainess Decadence And Dulces en Feugo Soap Reviews
- Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane EDT Review (24)
- LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub Review (7)
- Aroma M Geisha Violet Perfume Oil Review (13)
- LUSH Lip Tint Review in Double Choc & It Started With A Kiss (9)
- Smell Bent Halloween 2010 Helen Carnate EDT Fragrance Review (5)
- Arquiste Flor y Canto EDP Perfume Review
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (14)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)