HUG your auntie! My holiday gift guides are back! This is an annual tradition on EauMG for the past five years. This edition was previously known as “Holiday Gift Guide for Sweet Nieces and Teens” but as I discussed last year, I wanted a word that was more gender neutral or something I could use collectively. To this date, I have four nephews and one niece. I just want one word to sum all this up. The English language really lacks in this regard. I don’t really like the word “nibling” because it sounds sort of cannibalistic or something, but hey, it’s all I have right now so that’s what I’m going to use.
Anyway, here’s my 2015 Holiday Gift Guide for all those little ones that want to play in Auntie Mame’s beautiful things…
1. Too Cool for School Holiday Lip Balm Trio – There’s a lot of reasons why I love the Korean brand Too Cool for School. One of those reasons is because I’m too cool for school. The other reason is that their packaging is rad. This is a set of sheer, tinted lip balms that smell great. The packaging has dinosaurs because that’s how cool it is. Retails for $35 at Sephora.
2. Etat Libre d’Orange Perfume Sampler – “Hey, I got you these perfume samples inspired by fat electricians, whores and cigarettes because you know, I’m the cool aunt/uncle.” Retails for $12 at Sephora.
3. ColourPop Eyeshadow Kit in Blitzed – One of the best things to happen this year was the introduction of ColourPop cosmetics. It’s a line of cheap but good cosmetics in really fun shades. This is a holiday set with gorgeous eyeshadows that I’d totally steal from my niece (she ain’t old enough to wear makeup anyway). Retails for $30 at ColourPop.
4. LUSH Snow Fairy’s Castle – Here’s a gift set with ALL the wonderful pink, glittery and cotton candy smelling things. It’s magical. Retails for about $36 at LUSH. Plus, it’s already wrapped up and ready to go!
5. Charenton Macerations Asphalt Rainbow Scratch & Sniff Sticker Set – This is one of my favorite niche perfumery related gift sets ever. It’s a set of three colorful stickers scented with Asphalt Rainbow, a rose perfume inspired by street art. Retails for $25 at Luckyscent.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit – The world of Instagram (and Tumblr) makeup is unlike the real world’s makeup. It’s all about brows and extreme contouring. The kids, this is what they want. They want a $40 contouring kit so they can look fierce and post selfies. Help their dreams come true. Retails for $40 at Nordstrom.
7. Coloured Raine Matte Lip Paint in Marshmallow – Which leads to this…the cute kids admire our 90’s lips so much that they’ve put a spin on it. They seem to love these dead-ish taupes like Marshmallow. They call it “grunge”. We laugh. Kids are so cute. Retails for $17 at Coloured Raine.
8. Glossier Phase 1 Set – I’m 100% supportive of starting a great skincare routine while young. And this is the basics, no-frills. Contains four full size products to get them in good habits now. This is the sort of thing they’d never by themselves but they’ll use every single day. Retails for $80 at Glossier.
9. Pinrose Campfire Rebel EDP – Pinrose makes cool, approachable perfumes that are more interesting than most mainstream offering. When I gave them a try, Campfire Rebel was my favorite. It’s smoky oud and vetiver, totally unisex and rebellious. Retails for $55 at Nordstrom. My review here.
10. Floss Gloss x The Hood Witch The Daydream Trio – Here’s a collab with nail brand, Floss Gloss, and Seattle-based, crystal wearing, The Hood Witch. This is a collection of pretty pastel shades that are perfect for year round wear. Retails for $22 at Floss Gloss.
As usual, there are many things in this guide that I’d love to have because I’m basically an angsty 13 year old girl in a grown woman’s body. That and I love makeup and fragrance…
My niblings are still small-ish. Even though I’m amazed by how much they grow and mature with each year, they still aren’t ready for my glitzy Auntie Mame presents. They still like colorful books, dinosaurs and things with wheels.They do get a lot of cologne splashes and Shea Moisture Kids though (and oddly seem to like it, we’re related after all). However, they grow so fast that I’m sure that one of these days I’ll miss buying the toys and board books!
Need more ideas? Here’s the 2014 Guide!
More gift guides are coming soon!
*Sephora, Nordstrom and Glossier contain affiliate links. Thanks!