Eau d’Italie Sienne l’Hiver EDT Fragrance Review
I’m one of those people that hates the winter. I’m not just contrary. I have my reasons. Cold weather causes me much pain. And after my trip to NYC this week, I’m ready for the cold to be gone from my life.
Sienne l’Hiver opens with a cold crispness that smells like freshly crushed greens and sliced bell pepper on a tray of crushed ice. I also pick up on cilantro and a hint of an olive bar. There’s more white musk in the top than what I’d like but it works out fine; it keeps the scent from being too salad bar-ish. The dry-down is earthy, cool, and damp with decaying biomass and blades of grass peeking through the snow. And it’s somehow a sheer, translucent, balanced fragrance. It feels like walking around a city in the winter.
I love that Sienne l’Hiver takes a risk. It really is an unusual fragrance. However, I’d rather have it as a home fragrance than a personal fragrance. It is *too* odd for my skin but I’m happy that it exists.
Notes listed include violet leaf, geranium, black olive, white truffle, smoke, woods, coal roasted chestnuts, autumn leaves, French straw, iris root (orris), and white musk. Launch date 2006. PERFUMER – Bertrand Duchaufour
Try Sienne l’Hiver if you are looking for something different. Or if you like perfumes like L’Artisan Parfumeur Pimant Brulant, Annick Goutal Mandragore, CdG Red Harissa, Slumberhouse Pear & Olive and/or Hilde Soliani Acquiilssssima. This fragrance is unisex; it’s more of an “environment” than anything else.
Projection and longevity are average to above average (in winter weather). I actual prefer this one in the summer over the winter.
The 3.4 oz bottle retails for $140 at Beautyhabit.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Olive bar in one of those novelty ice hotels. Such a weird fragrance…it’s not something that I wear but I’m so happy that it exists. I love good-weird.
Want more reviews? Try…
T Magazine – Chandler Burr’s review
*Sample purchased by me. Product pic from Fragrantica. Audrey Hepburn pic from www.fanpix.net. Post contains an affiliate link.
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Prada L’Eau Ambrée EDP Perfume Review (4)
- YOSH 1.41 White Flowers EDP Perfume Review (12)
- Inis Cologne Fragrance Review
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (12)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)
- John Varvatos Artisan Black EDT Fragrance Review