DSH Perfumes Secreti di Belle Donne EDP Perfume Review
Secreti di Belle Donne is the fragrance that represents Venice in DSH Perfumes’ Italian Splendor Collection. One time on Twitter, I tweeted that my SOTD (scent of the day) was “DSH Perfumes Secreti di Belle Nonne”. This caused a bit of a humorous uproar – Secret of the Beautiful Grannies. I like the idea of a fragrance worn by beautiful grammas with secrets. So, in my mind this perfume will always be for the Nonne and not the Donne
Secreti di Belle Donne opens up beautifully sparkling citrus, spicy jasmine and a gilded orange blossom. The perfume is heady with cinnamon spice. It brings to mind shades of gold and bronze like a sunset. The white flowers are slightly indolic but fresh, living. A fruity melon note adds a freshness that “lightens” the thick, spicy florals. With time the fragrance gets soapier reminding me of fancy Italian soaps and beeswax salves. And BAM! The dry-down of Secreti di Belle Donne hits you with ciste and civet. Secreti di Belle Donne finally embraces its animalic side.
Secreti di Belle Donne is as complex as the note list will lead you to believe.
Notes listed include bergamot, bitter orange, Sicilian blood orange, cardamom, cured fruit, melon, cinnamon bark, clove bud, damask rose, Spanish orange flower, osmanthus, saffron, sambac jasmine, ylang-ylang, amber, ambergris, benzoin, ciste, civet, honey beeswax, honey musk and vanilla. Launch date 2011. PERFUMER – Dawn Spencer Hurwitz
Give Secreti di Belle Donne a try if you like “waxy” florals. Or perfumes like LUSH Orange Blossom, Jean Deprez Bal a Versailles, Dana Tabu and/or Boucheron Pour Femme. I guess Secreti di Belle Donne is more feminine. A guy that wears vintage animalic fragrances may dig this one.
Projection is below average and longevity is above average.
A small mini flask retails for $45 at DSH Perfumes. Other sizes are also available.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – A complex animalic floriental. One to try if you like a little bit of funk in your florals.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – Sample provided by DSH. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own. Product pic from DSH Perfumes. The beautiful women pic is from Advanced Style.
- Ineke Field Notes From Paris EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente EDP Perfume Review (20)
- Parfums des Beaux Arts by DSH Cimabue EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Parfums des Beaux Arts by DSH Parfum de Grasse EDP Review (1)
- Parfums des Beaux Arts by DSH Tubereuse EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (2)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (10)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013