DSH Perfumes 1000 Lilies Natural EDP Review
DSH Perfumes Parfums des Beaux Arts 1000 Lilies is a perfume from the Secrets of Egypt Collection, a limited edition collection created for Denver Art Museum’s King Tut exhibit. This perfume is based on Susinon, an ancient Egyptian and Greek perfume. It is said this is the perfume that Cleopatra scented her sails with. I like the thought of that.
1000 Lilies is very floral on me, but this is what I expected with a name like 1000 Lilies! Immediately I am hit with the heady ylang-ylang, a note that I’m just now warming up to. It’s really heady and slightly spicy. I also get something very humid and “marshy” but pure, that’s the lotus. I get that greenness from roses. 1000 Lilies reminds me of humid floral lushness. This is one of those fragrances that represents purity to me. It’s spicy green floral that smells very innocent. It feels airy and breezy. There’s spice but it’s more floral spice, like a lily.
My husband commented on how good this smells. This means something being that he’s exposed to a “new scent on Victoria” everyday. He kind of smiled, a glimmer in the eye, with a bit of confusion. I don’t think he found this scent particular “sexy” or anything like that. His expression was what I experienced with 1000 Lilies as well: optimism. This fragrance is floral, green, and fresh. It reminds me of wild lilies (like snow drops) growing in early spring. My husband finally said, “oh, you smell like lilies!” See, 1000 Lilies is spot on!
This isn’t a “me” fragrance. But, I do appreciate it and I don’t mind wearing it. It’s a beautiful fragrance that reminds me of optimistic spring days. I’ve never sniffed actual Susinon, but I love to smell this scent on myself and think about those heavily perfumed sails perfuming the air, the breeze carrying the scent over salty Mediterranean waters. It’s such a romantic story. 1000 Lilies really does a good job with this romance. It smells like a floral perfume being blown over cool, clear, sparkling waters.
Notes listed include cardamom seed, cinnamon bark, fragrant wine, galbanum, Kenya lily, narcissus, orris root, pink lotus, saffron, Turkish rose otto, ylang-ylang, Australian sandalwood, honey, myrrh gum, and sweet flag.
Give Parfums des Beaux Arts by DSH 1000 Lilies a try if you like lily or muguet scents or scents like Penhaligon’s Lily of the Valley, Jessica McClintock Always & Forever, Dior Diorissimo, Eau d’Italie Au Lac, and/or Van Cleef & Arpels Muguet Blanc.
1000 Lilies is available in both liquid and solid. Many sizes are available. The flask retails for $45 and is available at DSH Perfume’s on-line boutique.
Want more reviews? Try…
Denver Post (info on the collection)
Product picture from DSH Perfumes.
- Black Radiance Indelibly Radiant Lipstick in Cleopatra Red (1)
- My Cleopatra Complex: NARS Summer 2009 Makeup Collection
- Get The Dramatic Look Of Elizabeth Taylor As Cleopatra (2)
- Best Green Ever: NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Rated R
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)