Dorian + Dahl Killer Cupcake Perfume Oil review
I have survived the Dorian + Dahl Killer Cupcake of 2012.
Killer Cupcake is like methadone for junk food addicts. It’s sweet, sweet, sweet. It opens with a cherry cola effervescence! I get birthday cake with vanilla buttercream. There is a hint of cool spice. But, mostly I get cake, frosting and sprinkles.
Will everyone like this fragrance? Hell no. It makes Aquolina Pink Sugar seem as a sweet as as sour apple. However, there are people out there that would bathe in frosting if they could. And you know what? I don’t judge them. I’ve had weirder friends, but that’s another post. I like the aroma of a store bought birthday cake. Why? Because I associate it with a special occasions. The other reason? Scandal. In my house, eating a store bought cake over a homemade cake was scandalous. Why would you do such a thing? Well, it wasn’t because it tasted better; it was because it shook the family norms. Growing up with liberals, you need ammunition like that in your life.
Notes listed include chocolate cake, cardamom, cherry cola, vanilla buttercream, and ginger.
Give Killer Cupcake a try if you like super sweet smells. Or if you like perfumes like Aquolina Pink Sugar. Remember the Tutti Dolci line that was one sold at Bath & Body Works? If you do and you remember liking that stuff, then you’re going to flip out for this perfume.
And like I have said before with this line – they are original creations that aren’t repackaged. And they have a nice feel as an oil. They aren’t greasy or sticky.
The 8ml roll-on retails for $12.50 at Dorian +Dahl’s etsy shop.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Methadone for junk food addicts – sweet vanilla buttercream with cherry cola. This isn’t a perfume for everyone (no perfume is for everyone!) but if you love sweet, buy it.
*Diclaimer – Sample provided by Dorian + Dahl. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own. Product pic from Dorian + Dahl. Cupcake Royale pick from Kevin at Seattle Findwell.
- Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot EDT Fragrance Review (3)
- What To Get Your Niece : A 2010 Winter Gift Guide (13)
- Sarah Horowitz Joy Comes From Within Emotion EDP Review
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)