Diptyque Tam Dao EDT Perfume Review
When people ask me about sandalwood perfumes, the first one that I recommend is Tam Dao. Is it the best? Depends on who you ask. But, I do feel it’s a great example of sandalwood and it’s one I recommend to novice and expert sniffers.
Tam Dao opens as dry and woody. The cedar in this is a little dirty verging on body odor. There is an acrid dryness of evergreens. I admit that the opening is odd and off putting to some. The scent gets “easier” with wear. It becomes soft and warm. The sandalwood becomes more present and honestly, steals the show. You’re left with a warm, cozy sandalwood that is creamy but not sweet.
Tam Dao is a comfort fragrance. It’s soft, warm, woodsy. I find myself wanting to wear it in the fall/winter.
Notes listed include Goa sandalwood, rosewood, cypress and ambergris.
Give Tam Dao a try if you are looking for a sandalwood perfume. Or if you like perfumes like 10 Corso Como, Sonoma Scent Studio Sienna Musk, and/or Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore. Tam Dao is unisex but some may think of it as being more masculine since it is void of florals. If you are looking to add a “wood” fragrance to your collection, add Tam Dao.
Tam Dao has average projection. And I guess average projection for an EDT. I’m disappointed by how it only wears on me for about 4 hours. I expected, even though it’s labeled EDT, that it would last longer with those notes.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION - Quintessential ”wood” perfume. Like I said, I recommend this perfume to anyone that says, ”I want a sandalwood perfume.”
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – Sample provided with a perfume purchase. Product pic from Beautyhabit. Yvonne de Carlo pic from www.fanpix.net. Post contains affiliate links. Thanks!
- HEELEY Cardinal EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Prada L’Eau Ambrée EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Huitieme Art Ciel d’Airain EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Opus Oils Les Bohemes Heavy Sugar EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Hermes Eau des Merveilles EDT Review (8)
- Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man EDT Men’s Fragrance Review (9)
- Juliette Has A Gun Calamity J EDP Perfume Review (23)
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)