Comme des Garcons PLAY Red EDT Perfume Review
When the new Comme de Garcons PLAY Series was launched, I had an opportunity to sniff these three new perfumes at Scent Bar. All of them caught my attention in the shop, but Red stood out to me the most. After returning home, I was able to sample these perfumes again without all the Beverly Hills glitz and glam. And I still liked them because they’re good.
PLAY Red smells red. It opens with a spicy, fruity pepper with cinnamon candies. It’s energetic; the citrus is so juicy. The cherry in this is candied, reminds me Luden’s Cherry Cough Drops. With time I get a spicy osmanthus with sour cherry juice. There is a wonderful “leatheriness” to PLAY Red that reminds of cherry fruit leather. It’s not necessarily ”leather” but it gives the “feel” of leather, that texture. This dries down to a stewed cherry-cinnamon resinous fragrance. It’s fun and it very much fits with the CdG line.
Notes listed include red mandarin, pink peppercorn, safraleine, red cherry accord, geranium, cinnamon, osmanthus, myrrh, and tolu balsam. Launch date 2012.
Give PLAY Red a try if you are looking for a cherry perfume for grown-ups or if you like perfumes like BLOOD Concept B, Ramon Monegal Cherry Musk, Rebel + Mercury Osmanthus Red, Etat Libre d’Orange Encens et Bubblegum, and/or Cartier Delices. It’s “camp” done right.
PLAY Red has above average projection and longevity for an EDT. It wears like an EDP.
The 3.4 oz EDP of CdG PLAY Red retails for $100 at Beautyhabit.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Spiced cherry. I love it. It’s fun. It’s possibly genius.
Want more reviews? Try…
Bois de Jasmin – Victoria’s description is perfect.
*Borrowing this from a perfume pal. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks! Product pic from Blackbird. Cherry 2000 pic, one of the best movies ever IMO from Geek New Wave. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks!
- Rebel + Mercury Cerise en Cocoa Natural Parfum Review
- Guerlain The Voyage Collection Moscou EDT Fragrance Review (15)
- BLOOD Concept B EDP Perfume Review (3)
- Annick Goutal Quel Amour! EDP Perfume Review (15)
- Cartier Delices de Cartier EDP Perfume Review (14)
- Thierry Mugler Womanity EDP Perfume Review (16)
- A Cheery Cherry Fragrance Guide
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)