Clean Provence EDP Perfume Review
Clean Provence is a light-wearing citrus floral fragrance. It’s an airy scent. By the name, I expected for it to be a lavender water type of fragrance. But, it’s not. It’s more of a laundry scent, wet linens. The fragrance is inspired by “fine milled soaps of France”. I love a French soap but once again, I think of lavender. The scent goes on the be described as being “reminiscent of pure soap and water, freshly laundered linen, and open blue skies”. Now this I can see.
At first the fragrance is so tart that I can barely stand it. I love a citrus fragrance but something about this one burns my nostrils. It hurts my nose the way that strong household cleansers do. Clean brand smells too “clean” and industrial. Once the fragrance settles down after 10+ minutes of wear, I really like it. It isn’t mind-blowing but it is nice. It really does smell like freshly laundered linen being put on the line during a bright, sunny morning. It smells like clean cotton but not in a “dryer sheet” way. This is slightly citrusy and does smell of rose geranium. So instead of sheets being washed in Tide™, they smell like sheets washed in a something more expensive, like Mrs. Meyer’s laundry detergent (geranium, perhaps?). It smells fresh and sunny. I get the citrus and it is toned down and it really compliments the simplicity of the cotton blossom. I smell citrus and cotton throughout the wear. The citrus becomes sweeter. The dry down is “cottony” and musky, but in a floral, sweeter musk way. It’s a very clean, pretty musk dry-down.
This is a fragrance that I’m glad that I wore. If I sniffed this just sprayed onto a blotter card, I would of ran away with scorching nostrils, never giving it a try on my skin. This instead becomes something fresh and feminine when worn directly. It isn’t abrasive and it is a nice fragrance for “work” wear or when you have to be in close quarters with people you aren’t familiar with. The scent blends right on in with your skin and your environment. But, I do think it is short wearing for an EDP, maybe 4 hours? Because the top bothers me so, this is something that I have to apply to the wrists. The further away from my nostrils, the better.I think this is a fragrance that my fragrance library can live without, but I do like it. And I do recommend it for those that want clean laundry scents.
Many people complain that this fragrance isn’t long-lasting. I don’t know if it is necessarily the fragrance. I feel that it is such a nondescript fragrance and since it does meld with the skin and clothing, that the wearer just doesn’t notice it anymore. Especially if you are used to stronger fragrances or if you wear this daily. You’ll just get used to it. But, I do agree that 4 hours of wear isn’t the norm for an EDP. Oh, and I must add that I do see this is as a feminine fragrance. There are better “laundry” scents out there for men.
Notes listed include: Provencal lemon, cotton blossom, rose geranium, sweet lime, and violet musk.
You may like this one if you like clean scents, other Clean scents, Fresh Sugar Lemon EDP, Comme de Garçons Odeur 53 EDT, Demeter PMU Laundromat Cologne, Bath & Body Works Cotton Blossom Body Splash, and/or Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton EDT. The 2.14 oz. spray retails for $69. This scent is available at Sephora, beauty.com, and DERMADoctor. * Currently, it is available at a discounted price on fragrancenet.com.
Want more reviews? Try:
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Malle Outrageous! EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Ulrich Lang Lightscape EDP Perfume Review (6)
- Phaedon Cendres de Thé EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- i Profumi di Firenze Brezza di Mare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Arquiste Infanta en Flor EDP Perfume Video Review
- Linnea Lights Luxe Gift Set Soy Candle Review
- Jennifer Aniston EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Penhaligon’s Quercus Cologne Fragrance Review (2)
- Gucci Guilty Pour Homme EDT Fragrance Review (10)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (10)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (15)