Chloé Love, Chloé EDP Perfume Video Review
Mainstream Monday: Sniffing a Popular Perfume
Love, Chloé is a powdery floral that brought powdery fragrances back. I often get asked about perfumes that smell like cosmetics. Honestly, the idea of high fragrances smelling like functional fragrances bores me. That was until I tried Love, Chloé. This is a “face powder” fragrance that epitomizes “casual elegance”.
Love, Chloé has a weird opening on me. It reminds me of sweet pickles. I think this is the pepper and green violet reminding me of sweet but spiced cucumbers. This lasts like 30 seconds. And then it becomes lilac loose face powder. And purple flowers! So many wonderful purple flowers: hyacinth, lilac, wisteria, heliotrope! I break for purple flowers All of these florals are fairly sheer and mixed with this starchy rice powder that is absolutely wonderful. The base is powdery with warm musks and a great iris. The entire fragrance is refined and works together. It’s a great “skinscent”.
It’s a soft fragrance with below average projection wearing closely to the skin, like face powder. I find that it is long-wearing in the winter but doesn’t last very long in the summer/warmer climates.
Notes listed include orange blossom, pink pepper, iris, lilac, hyacinth, wisteria blossom, heliotropine, powdery musks, talc and rice paper. PERFUMERS – Louise Turner and Nathalie Gracia-Cetto
Give Love, Chloé a try if you want a perfume that smells like vintage face powder or if you like powdery perfumes like Prada Infusion d’Iris EDT, L’Artisan Parfumeur Drôle de Rose, Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere, Tocca Colette, and/or Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum eau Poudree. I find Love, Chloé to be a feminine fragrance and you must like “powder” in your perfumes.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – French face powder. Who knew that I’d enjoy this one so much?
Want more reviews? Try…
Fragrantica - (member reviews)
*Sample came as a gift with purchase at Nordstrom. Post contains affiliate links. Ad from Marie Claire.
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)