Celebrate with EauMG’s Champagne Perfume Guide
“Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends.” – Francis Bacon
Harsh. My toasts are not curses, but I’ve always enjoyed the quote. And I do want champagne for my friends (and myself) and this includes perfumes inspired by festive, bubbly champagne. Let’s celebrate the new year with champagne fragrances.
A. YSL Yvresse EDT - Originally named Champagne, Yvresse will always be champagne. This is the matriarch of all the sparkling wine perfumes. This is a sharp fruity-floral with peaches and fizziness. It’s crisp and sweet. It’s my favorite champagne perfume. If you want a scent that smells like champagne, start with this one. It can be purchased at Fragrancenet.
B. Guerlain Champs-Elysées EDT – This is like a violet mimosa with a cassis-liqueur heliotrope heart. It’s the fanciest hooker champagne cocktail ever. Or a fancy brunch cocktail. Here’s my full review. It can also be purchased at Fragrancenet.
C. Annick Goutal Quel Amour! EDT - This is a bubbly fruity-floral champagne cocktail that is audacious in a Jayne Mansfield way. It’s more fruit than champagne but it’s still so much fun. Here’s my full review. It can be purchased at Nordstrom and Fragrancenet.
D. Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP – Bubbling aldehydes over brut, dry spices and the richest sandalwood. It’s like a woodsy champagne. It’s great stuff and unisex. It’s available at Sonoma Scent Studio.
E. Sweet Anthem Caroline EDP – This is a festive aldehydic fragrance by Seattle-based perfumer, Meredith Smith. Surprisingly, the aldehydes hold on to my skin and then I’m left with a wonderful base that keeps me sniffing my wrists. This indie gem can be purchased at Sweet Anthem.
F. Caron Le 3ème Homme EDT – OK, I know I’m stretching it with this one but I get a sparkling champagne with lemon in the quick burning top of The Third Man. The rest is a clean jasmine fougère. This is my recommendation for a champagne masculine. It’s not such a literal champagne but it does have that “feel”. It can be purchased at Fragrancenet.
G. Sula Champagne Sugar EDP – This fragrance is how I imagine somebody that has never had champagne thinking champagne tastes like. Champagne Sugar is a really sweet perfume. It’s reminds me of champagne candied ginger. Maybe this is a scent for somebody that wants to smell like a desert wine. It can be found at Indie Scents.
H. Victoria’s Secret Fantasies Strawberries & Champagne Fragrance Mist – It’s such a trashy fragrance and I should be ashamed to admit that I sort of like it. But, I am not ashamed. It’s like the jalapeño poppers and Tab of the fragrance world. Or like a reality TV show that has no competition other than the internal competition of a bunch of arguing housewives. VS Strawberries & Champagne smells like cheap sparkling wine and strawberry gummies that doesn’t last very long. I usually use the cheap-o body spray from Victoria’s Secret as a room spray.
I know I’ve left out some obvious champagne perfumes. Please share your suggestions. We all need a celebratory perfume. Wishing you a spectacular 2012!
*Fragrancenet and Nordstrom are affiliate links. Lil Dagover pic from www.fanpix.net.
- Caron Infini EDT Perfume Review (4)
- Krigler Ultra Chateau Krigler 212 EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Bourbon French Parfums Marguerite EDT Fragrance Review (6)
- Van Cleef & Arpels First EDT Perfume Review (11)
- April Fool’s: Annick Goutal Folavril EDT Fragrance Review (4)
- Crazylibellule & The Poppies 26 Juin Île d'Yeu Perfume Review (3)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)