Cartier Baiser Volé EDP Perfume Video Review
Mainstream Monday – Sniffing a Popular Perfume
Baiser Volé opens as a green lily. It’s crisp and reminds me a little of freshly cut grass with dew. This is an “obvious” lily fragrance, you get that from the beginning. This lily isn’t heavy but it does have those notes of peppered ham that lilies tend to have. BUT, it’s really light. This peppered ham is very faint. The lily in Baiser Volé is almost soapy. It’s clean, crisp and fresh. With time I get a mix of lily dusting powder and waxy vanilla lipsticks, think like the smell of MAC lipsticks. And then I get something rather functional…Nivea. Luckily, I have positive associations with the smell of Nivea, the stuff in the blue tin. The dry-down of Baiser Volé is soft, powdery and floral with hints of vanilla and wax. The overall feel of this perfume is rather cool and cosmetic, like a vintage powder compact.
The bottle is absolutely gorgeous. It’s hefty and luxurious. It’s based on vintage “Old Hollywood-esque” cigarette lighters. I love that it is distinctively Cartier.
Notes listed include lilies and green leaves. PERFUMER: Mathilde Laurent
Baiser Volé is a very pretty lily. It’s one to try if you are looking for a lighter, more “cosmetic” lily fragrance. This one is much lighter in feel than Serge Lutens Un Lys or Donna Karan Gold (my favorite lily). Give Baiser Volé a try if you like powdery florals or perfumes like Chanel No. 22, Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee, Fresh Sake, Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte, and/or Jessica McClintock. I find this scent incredibly feminine and seems to work in any season.
Projection is average and longevity is above average. I also want to note that I’m reviewing the EDP and not the EDT. The EDT is garbage in my opinion. The EDP and the extrait smell of quality. The EDT is too functional and doesn’t seem luxurious to me.
Baiser Volé EDP comes in a few sizes with prices ranging from $69-$100 at Sephora and Harrods (UK). You can find this fragrance at discounters like Fragrancenet for much cheaper. The price is so cheap at these discounters that I’m tempted to buy a bottle…
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Powdery, “cosmetic” lily. It’s pretty but I think I prefer heftier lilies. But, I want this for the bottle. I really do. Shallow, I know.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Sample given to me at the Cartier counter. Item pic from Fragrancenet. Dolores Casey pic from www.fanpix.net. Post contains affiliate links. Thanks!
- Cartier Delices de Cartier EDP Perfume Review (14)
- Yves Rocher Yria EDP Perfume Review (5)
- Dolce & Gabbana Classic EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Me-WOW! Get The Look Of Julie Newmar As Cat Woman (2)
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)