Caron Montaigne EDP Perfume Review
I would consider myself a Caron fan. I like all of the masculines excluding the horrible Yuzu Man. I enjoy wearing many of the feminines. However, there is one that I can’t stand to wear. And that’s Montaigne.
Montaigne opens as a spicy and “fatty” mimosa. It has a thickness very “Caron”. Usually I enjoy a Caron mimosa, but there is more. I also get dusty rose like a dozen roses left in a waterless vase for too long. There’s jasmine and it wears unpleasant on me. The dry-down is a waxy vanilla.
Many people say that Montaigne is “brilliant”. On me it wears very dusty, musty and dull. That’s my problem with it. It reminds me of a dusty house with windows that are never opened. The thick drapes are dusty. There are vases of dead, dried up rose bouquets. All of the candles are burnt down to useless little stubs. Ugh, it’s just too depressing to wear. I don’t even want to talk about it anymore.
Notes listed include coriander, mimosa and vanilla. Launched 1986. PERFUMER – Richard Fraysse
Try Montaigne if you like dry florals or want to try all the Carons.
I’m reviewing the modern EDP. It has average projection and longevity.
Caron Montaigne retails from $95-$130 depending on its size at Nordstrom.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Dusty, musty floral that I find too depressing to wear. Hey, I can’t love all of the Carons!
Want more reviews? Try…
Bois de Jasmin - comparison to the vintage and modern version
*Sample purchased by me. Caron pic from Cake’s Place. Belle Bennett pic from www.fanpix.net. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks!
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)