Caron Bellodgia EDT Perfume Review
Sadly I was informed last week by a person that sells perfume and has been doing it for many years that the Bellodgia customer is dying off. It’s time to make new fans, so here’s my review
The EDT of Bellodgia smells like carnation vanilla ice cream. It’s a creamy carnation with hints of “green” rose with violet and balsamic vanilla. The green in the EDT is a very pleasant edition and you won’t find it in the other concentrations of Bellodgia. The heart is a spicy floral with a nutty vanilla. The dry-down is a subtler version of the heart.
I’m sure the vintage Bellodgia is gorgeous. But, I think the current Bellodgia is rather nice. Why? Because I prefer the “lighter” EDT. I’m not looking for the Bellodgia draped in a cloak of fur. I rather like this one with its green notes mixed with the spicy florals. It’s showing some skin. I actually prefer the EDT over the EDP or the extrait.
Notes listed include carnation, sandalwood and vanilla. Launch date 1927 (reviewing modern). PERFUMER – Ernest Daltroff (don’t know who reformulated it)
Give Bellodgia a try if you are looking for a carnation perfume that isn’t too spicy. Try it if you like CdG Series 2 Red Carnation, Serge Lutens Vitriol d’oeillet, Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Love and/or Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT. I really can’t see how anyone can sniff the new Bellodgia EDT and think it smells “old fashioned”. But, I’m biased. I like this stuff.
The EDT has average projection and below average longevity. I get about 3-4 hours of wear from it.
The EDT of Bellodgia can be found at Caron boutiques. You can also find it discounted on Fragrancenet.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Carnation vanilla ice cream. I love it. It needs more fans.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Bottle purchased by me. Product pic from Fragrantica. Mary Lange pic from www.fanpix.net. Post contains affiliate links. Thanks!
- Fumie New Year’s Resolutions 2013 (5)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 7.9.12
- 1920′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of May Allison (4)
- 1920′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Anny Ondra (10)
- Etat Libre d’Orange Jasmin et Cigarette EDP Perfume Review (7)
- 1920′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Greta Nissen (6)
- 1920′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Alice Brady (8)
- 2011 National Sense of Smell Day (4)
- Esscentual Alchemy Sax & Violets Perfume Oil Review (11)
- EauMG’s Weekly Roundup VI (7)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (2)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013