Bourbon French Parfums Perfume of Paradise EDT Review
Bourbon French Parfums is a niche perfume house located in the beautiful French Quarter of New Orleans. Here’s what I noticed about the line: they do aldehydic and retro florals very well and as a whole, they are very, very affordable.
Perfume of Paradise opens a crisp green florals and aldehydes. It reminds me of the big beautiful aldehydic, feminine “greens” of the 1960′s-1970′s. The florals are slightly soapy, but in a good way, in a vintage way. The dewy lily of the valley florals lose their innocence and the fragrance becomes a green jasmine. The fragrance heats up and gets steamy with humid white florals. The base keeps those steamy florals and subdues them, adding a nice sandalwood that reminds me of Bee & Flower Sandalwood soap.
“A white floral fragrance with hints of fresh green scents inspired by Jennifer Blake’s romance novels.” – I had to look Jennifer Blake up. She’s a historical romance author that writes about hotties in kilts. She lives in Louisiana.
If you like retro feminine fragrances, you must try Perfume of Paradise just for kicks. Or who knows, maybe you’ll fall in love with it and write a perfume novel romance? Give Perfume of Paradise a try if you like YSL Y, Van Cleef & Arpels First EDT, original Oscar, Estee Lauder Private Collection, Tommi Sooni Jinx, and/or Chanel No. 22. Because of the “retro fashion” of this scent, I see it as a feminine because it reminds me of older feminine fragrances.
Perfume pals, how would you take this? Husband hugs me while I’m wearing this and says, “You smell really clean.” He says that is a compliment and that I smell really good. I find this to be an odd compliment.
I’m testing the EDT. I find that it has average projection and average longevity for an EDT.
Perfume of Paradise comes in a few concentrations and sizes. The 4 oz EDT retails for $36 at Bourbon French Parfums. And I like this in an EDT. To quote my husband, it smells “clean”.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Aldehydic retro green fragrance over humid Southern florals. It isn’t highly original but I think it’s fun to wear. And at $9 an ounce, it’s a cheap thrill.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Sample provided by local perfume pal, Kathleen. (Thank you again!) Alice Faye pic from www.doctormacro.com.
- DSH Perfumes Ligne Trapéze EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Krigler Ultra Chateau Krigler 212 EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Celebrate with EauMG’s Champagne Perfume Guide (12)
- Van Cleef & Arpels First EDT Perfume Review (11)
- Tom Ford Musk Pure EDP Perfume Review (6)
- April Fool’s: Annick Goutal Folavril EDT Fragrance Review (4)
- Crazylibellule & The Poppies 26 Juin Île d'Yeu Perfume Review (3)
- Arquiste Flor y Canto EDP Perfume Review
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (14)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)