Bottega Veneta EDP Perfume Review
Mainstream Monday – Sniffing a Popular Perfume
I love when a fashion line’s fragrance actually “matches” the brand. So many fashion lines launch unrelated perfumes and hope that their name will sell it. And this does work. But, there is something truly remarkable about a line that creates a signature scent for their signature. Bottega Veneta the brand and the perfume “match”. It’s a fragrance as soft as luxury leather with a timeless sophstication.
With Bottega Veneta I get the bottom first. I immediately pick up on this wonderful dry patchouli and moss. And then I get the lift of the top notes. It’s as if the perfume is woven like the leather goods. Top woven with the base notes. The pepper is spicy, a slightly fruity pink pepper over delicate florals touched by sea breeze. The scent is very soft and suede-like. The heart becomes this mix of patchouli, moss and suede mingling with delicate florals. The dry-down is vanilla suede.
This is an exceptional mainstream launch. It’s accessible sophistication. You can really wear the elegance of Bottega Veneta for $100.
Notes listed include Italian bergamot, pink pepper, jasmine sambac, oak moss, patchouli, and more patchouli. Launch date 2011. PERFUMER – Michel Almairac
Try Bottega Veneta if you are looking for a very soft chypre. Or if you like perfumes like Clinique Aromatics Elixir Perfumer’s Reserve, Aqua di Parma Profumo, Guerlain Myrrh et Delires, and/or Serge Lutens Daim Blond.
Bottega Veneta wears closely but it appears other people can smell it on me. Longevity is average.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Soft, smooth modern leather chypre. You guys, I’m absolutely love’n this one. I need a bottle.
Want more reviews? Try…
Fragrantica – Member reviews
*Sample given to me by a Nordstrom sales associate. Product pic from Allure.com. Rosemary Lane pic from www.fanpix.net. Post contains affiliate links. Thanks!
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)