Archipelago Milk EDT Perfume Review
Archipelago is a line best known for their home fragrances. The line also has personal fragrances and body products. I admit that the idea of a perfume smelling like “milk” doesn’t seem very nice. But, I’m reminded of how quickly Jo Malone London‘s limited edition Sweet Milk sold out. Milk is a mix of Archipelago’s cult favorite soy and oat fragrances.
Archipelago Milk is a warm fragrance that reminds me of sweetened porridge with a hint of vanilla extract and lemon peel. With time the fragrance becomes a soft, powdery floral. It’s light and fluffy and reminds me of snow ice cream. Delicate.
So how does Archipelago’s Milk compare to Jo Malone London’s? They have some similarities. They are soft, warm and milky. They both smell like they could be from the same house. Jo Malone London’s is woodsier while Archipelago’s is more floral. I actually prefer Archipelago’s.
I think Archipelago Milk would make a good “day” scent or a nice, light perfume for girls/teens. Give it a try if you like powdery florals or perfumes like L’Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine, Olfactive Studio Lumiere Blanche, Jo Malone London Sweet Milk, Lostmarch Lann-Ael and a long time ago Burt’s Bees had a solid perfume for babies.
The fragrance has average projection and below average longevity for an EDT. It is a soft, sheer scent and wears closely to the skin. I’m sure if you layer it with the body products the fragrance would last longer.
The 1.7 oz EDT is a real bargain at $30. Milk can be found at Achipelago’s on-line boutique.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION - A snow ice cream powdery floral. Pretty.
Want more reviews? Try…
We Heart This – Review of the body products with a favorable “blurb” about the scent.
The body products get so many positive reviews now I want to try them…
*Disclaimer – Product provided by Archipelago. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own. Product pic from ebeauty.ca. Cat pic from LIFE Magazine.
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (10)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (14)
- Becca & Mars Refresh Aromatherapy Blend Review (3)