Arcana Murder Ballad Blues Perfume Oil Review
Every August I start to crave blackberry perfumes. When these musky fruits start to turn black on their thorny branches, I want to smell like fruit. I love blackberries. I love to eat them, pick them, and evidently, smell like them.
OK, you better like fruit if you are trying Murder Ballad Blues. Immediately, I get a thick blackberry jam with a warm, sweet muskiness. With time it seems that Murder Ballard Blues gets even “jammier” and the blackberry gets more berry. And underneath it all, there is a musky, warm almond milk. But, mainly, this scent is blackberry jam.
Notes listed include Appalachian blackberries, sugared mountain violets, coconut milk, sweet almond oil, and blackberry seeds.
Give Arcana Murder Ballad Blues a try if you like blackberry perfumes like Sula Blackberry Blush, L’Artisan Parfumeur Mure et Musc, L’Aromarine Outremer, and/or Villainess Trifling soap.
A bottle of Arcana perfume oil retails for about $14 and is available at Scent Addict and The Soap Box Co. Arcana only comes in perfume oil and they have soaps too. I would like this scent as a soap, I think.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – This perfume is blackberry jam. I would like Murder Ballad Blues much better if it was an EDT or an EDP. I feel it needs to be in an alcohol base. I think in that format it would be one damn good blackberry perfume that would devour L’Artisan’s wimpy Mûre et Musc. In it’s oil format, it’s just too “thick” for me and I don’t like the “feel” in August. In its current formulation it reminds me of a home fragrance oil. This isn’t bad and the price is OK if you want to use it as a home fragrance oil. I know I would wear the hell out of this if it was in an alcohol base.
*Product pic from The Soap Box Co.
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (10)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (15)