April Aromatics Precious Woods EDP Natural Perfume Review
When I first wore April Aromatics Precious Woods it reminded me of walking through a damp forest after a rainy season. This was before I read the inspiration of the fragrance. I was reminded of the rainforests of the PNW. It ends up that the perfume is inspired by damp, lush forests; however, these were the forests of India. I don’t know what those smell like but it’s easy to believe that it does smell like Precious Woods.
Precious Woods is a woodsy fragrance. It’s not accented by fruits or florals. It’s woods. It opens with a blast of astringent cedar wood. With time I get the buttery sandalwood and the smoky “forest floor” of the buddhawood. Precious Woods is a damp woods fragrance. It really does smell like being in a forest after a rain. The dry-down is a soothing sage and evergreen woods.
The overall feel of this fragrance is soothing, grounding and meditative. It has the feel of isolation, like being in a vast forest.
Notes listed include sandalwood, Virginian cedar, Himalayan cedar, vetiver, patchouli, buddhawood, and sage. Launch date 2012.
Give Precious Woods a try if you love woodsy fragrances. Or if you like perfumes like Diptyque Tam Dao, Phaedon Grisens, CdG Wonderwood, and/or 10 Corso Como. Precious Woods is woodsy. I see it as unisex but it does lean more towards the masculine end of the spectrum.
Projection and longevity is average.
A 1 oz spray of €169 Precious Woods retails for at April Aromatics. The line does not have a U.S. retailer at this time but I have a hunch that will be changing very soon.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION - A quintessential woods fragrance. Lovers of straight forward woods scents will want to try this.
Want more reviews? Try…
Fragrantica – Member reviews
*Disclaimer – Sample provided by April Aromatics. I am not financially compensated for this review. My opinions are my own. Product pic from April Aromatics. Washington rainforest pic is mine.
- April Aromatics Liquid Dreams EDP Perfume Review (2)
- April Aromatics Rosenlust EDP Natural Perfume Review (9)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (10)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (14)
- Becca & Mars Refresh Aromatherapy Blend Review (3)