Annick Goutal Songes EDP Perfume Review
Annick Goutal Songes (“dreams” in French) is one of my favorite white floral perfumes. I thought I hated white floral perfumes until I tried Songes.
Songes opens as a heady, realistic tropical floral – the ylang-ylang and jasmine are the most prevalent on me. I get the humid white florals mingling with creamy coconut lactones. This is a sweet floral with banana whip but it is balanced by jasmine indoles. The scent mellows out and becomes creamy banana floral custard with a small amount of vanilla scented whipped cream. The base is a vanilla-sandalwood that I love.
Usually white florals leave me feeling a bit ill, but Songes works for me. No matter the weather or the time of year, I apply Songes and I’m transported to a vacation that I dream of: pristine beaches, sunshine and a soft breeze. I get that hazy “nap in the sun” feel. This scent is so perfect and wonderful that I forget that I hate sand and myself in a swimsuit. In the Songes “songes”, I’m happy and I look damn good in a bikini. This white floral makes me feel like a glamazon.
Notes listed include frangipani, tiare flower, sambac jasmine, ylang-ylang, and French vanilla. PERFUMER – Camille Goutal
Give Songes a try if you want a tropical white floral or if you like perfumes like Chantecaille Tiare, Juara Tiare Jasmine oil, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess,
I have reviewed the EDP which isn’t so easy to find. The EDT is beautiful too…less creamy. The 3.4 oz EDT available at Nordstrom for $120 and at Harrods (UK). You can also find it on Fragrancenet for a discount.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION: Creamy, dreamy white floral. One of my favorite white florals.
Want more reviews? Try…
Fragrantica - member reviews
*Product pic from Luckyscent. Perfume purchased by me. Jane Russell photo from www.fanpix.net. Post contains affiliate links. Thanks!
- Annick Goutal Grand Amour EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Annick Goutal Passion EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Annick Goutal Les Nuits d’Hadrien EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Annick Goutal Le Jasmin EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant EDP Perfume Review (10)
- Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte EDT Fragrance Review (5)
- Annick Goutal La Violette EDT Fragrance Review (13)
- Annick Goutal Mandragore EDT Fragrance Review (10)
- Annick Goutal Tubereuse EDP Perfume Review (11)
- Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche EDP Perfume Review (7)
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (12)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)
- John Varvatos Artisan Black EDT Fragrance Review