I’m a rose lover. I love this flower’s versatility. It doesn’t surprise me that thousands of years after its cultivation that we are still drawn to this flower and its eternal beauty. I love everything the rose symbolizes. I love its flavor and smell. Yep, I’m a rose lover.
With A Dozen Roses Perfume Blogging Event, I’m sharing my favorite rose products from perfumes to spray lavishly to jams to sweeten tea. I find that as soon as January hits that I’m in a “rose phase” until April. These are the items that I can’t get enough of right now.
1. Malle Lipstick Rose EDP – Pop art interpretation of French cosmetics. Waxy rose and powdery violet. One of my fragrance obsessions. Available at Barneys.
2. Market Spice Princess Grey Tea – This is an Earl Grey with rose petals and lavender. Floral and strong. It’s one of my favorite mid-day hot beverages. Available at Market Spice.
4. Anu Essentials Sultry Body Butter – A pure rose in the most nourishing shea butter base ever. It will “amp up” the rose staying power of any of your favorite rose perfumes. 100% natural and available at Anu Essentials.
5. Aftelier Wild Roses EDP – This is one of those roses that speaks to me. It comes at me as a swirl of colors. This is a naturally complex blend of rose, tarragon and chewy apricot. Available at Aftelier.
6. LUSH Rose Jam Bubble Bomb – I would say I love this but I should just say that I’m obsessed with it. It’s my favorite LUSH product. It is a sweet, jammy rose that tints the bathwater a pretty pale pink. Available at LUSH.
7. Noyan Armenian Rose Jam – A staple in our house. When you don’t have time to make your own, use Noyan. I use this over flans (mouhalabiye) and cheesecake, sprinkle with pistachios. It’s great on toast over almond butter. And I even add it to black tea instead of honey (the most traditional use of it). You can usually find it at Russian or Middle Eastern markets. If not, Amazon is a good resource (I think their US distributor is Indo-European foods if that helps).
8. Guerlain Nahéma EDP – This is the rose fragrance. My favorite. Available at Guerlain boutiques.
9. By Terry Rose Balm – This is a luscious balm delicately scented with roses that can be used on lips, cuticles, etc. Luxurious. Available at Beauty.com.
10. Dabur Rose Syrup– I know this isn’t the best brand out there and it is “rose flavoured” but we start to love what we are used to or what is familiar to us. This brand of rose syrup has been in my house for years, like Nestle for many people. I add a few drops to a glass of milk. I mix it with champagne. I make puddings with it. It’s even good added to sparkling water. You can find it at your local Indian grocery.
12. Les Anis de Flavigny Rose Candy – It’s a rose hard candy with anise center. I’m hooked on these. And their packaging is adorable. Available at Beautyhabit.
And I knew I’d have problems only mentioning 12 rose items! Here’s a recipe for making your own rosewater (it’s so easy!) and info on the Armenian festival Vartavar for those of you that want to play pranks in honor of roses.
Visit the other blogs participating in this event: