Here’s a gift guide for the person that is cooler than me. This gift guide contains some luxurious indie beauty and fragrance gifts in a variety of price points.
1. Strangebeautiful Artisnal Library of Camo Nail Color Kit – Who wouldn’t love a kit of 8 unusual artisanal nail colors? I love Strangebeautiful Artisanal Library of Camo Nail Color Kit. This kit contains strange satin finish greens, putties, and taupes. Oh, how I love these colors! More info here. Retails for $79 and is available at www.shoppulp.com.
2. A Beautiful Life Perfumes I Heart Unicorns EDP – Know someone with late 80’s-early 90’s nostalgia? Give them A Beautiful Life Perfumes I Heart Unicorns. This perfume smells like Halloween candy in a headshop. Been there. Done that. Retails for $52. Perfume is available at ABL.
3. Lulu Organics Hair Powder – Everyone loves hair powder. Perfect for lazy mornings and creating awesome beehives. I love the luxurious scented Lulu Organics Hair Powder. Scents include Lavender & Clary Sage, Jasmine, Patchouli & Amber, Vetiver & Black Pepper, and Tuberose. These retail for $40 and is available at Spirit Beauty Lounge.
4. Wash With Joe Coffee Mint Body Wash – Take your coffee in the shower. This vegan shower gel invigorates with an unisex coffee mint aroma. Caffeine helps to tighten skin and make it appear smoother. An 16 oz. bottle retails for $24. It is available at luckyscent.com.
5. Crazy Rumors Brew Lip Balm Gift Set – I love this lip balm! This kit lets you try all of the Brew lips balms: Orange Bergamot, Apple Spice, Peppermint Lemongrass, and Spiced Chai. This formula is so smooth and it’s clear. My review here. This set retails for $15 and is avaialable at Crazy Rumors.
6. Patch NYC Whale Solid Perfume – I love the artwork for Patch NYC. Whale solid perfume has a turn of the century Moby Dick-ish etched whale. This solid scent is a refreshing blend of l’orange, patchouli, basil, and jasmine. It retails for $22 and is available at www.beautyhabit.com.
7. A Scent of Scandal Candle in Tighty Whities – A Scent of Scandal is a candle line with well, scandalously but humorously named candles. Tighty Whites is much less “scandalous” than 90% of the others but if you really know someone then you’ll know if those candles of other names could be acceptable. This candle has a fresh laundry fragrance of florals (jasmine and violet) and clean woods. This candle retails for $15 and it is available at Candles Off Main.
8. ManGlaze Matte -Astrophe Clear Matte Top Coat – Turn any nail polish into a matte finish with this awesome top coat. And it’s a bit of a surprise. It makes some nail formulas crackle, giving a very post-apocalyptic look to any nail color. I hear that this will be a popular “trend” in 2011. I also love the artwork on the bottle which is more interesting than most things in Juxtapoz. This top coat retails for $13.13 and is at ManGlaze.
9. Lipstick Queen Discover Kit – This is a great way to try 3 hip lipsticks from Lipstick Queen. There’s Medieval (a very popular sheer red), Saint Nude (a 60’s era Sophia Loren nude color), and Butterfly Ball in Trance (a holographic raspberry shimmer). There’s a lipstick to fit every mood. This kit retails for $48 and is at Barney’s.
10. Piroutte Essentials Soap in Indian Spiced Chai Tea – Seattle based, Piroutte Essentials has been my most recent obsession. I love the Rose Musk EDP. Piroutte also has handmade, affordable soaps in pretty scents from Honey Jasmine to Sacred Cedar. Indian Spiced Chai is a beautiful winter scent with honey, milk, and comforting spices. Can I have one of these in my stocking, please?The soap bar retails for $8 and is available at Piroutte Essentials.
From putty colored crackled coated finger tips to sheer “Medival” red inspired lips, I know that I want most of these products like ASAP even if this guide was created for someone cooler than me. What do you think? Any of these catch your eye?